Collaboration is a skill that is utilised with one or more people to produce or create a result or shared goal. Everyone in the group has a shared vision or outcome. The group not only has to work together, they must think together, and the product comes from group effort. Collaborators are equal partners. Do we know what it takes to achieve successful collaboration with colleagues? What are the importance and benefits of collaboration in the workplace and how can employers create a collaborative environment and reward employees for collaborative efforts?
WHAT STUDENTS LEARN
- Understand the definition of collaboration
- Distinguish collaborative qualities individuals often possess
- Know and understand what it takes to work collaboratively with your colleagues
- Discover the difference between collaboration, cooperation and teamwork
- Know what a collaborative environment looks like
- Know the six steps to make collaboration work
- Understand the advantages of collaboration
- Be aware of obstacles to collaboration
- Develop strategies to improve a collaborative work environment
- Share tips for employers to reward collaboration
- Understand how technology affects collaboration
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED
- Being Collaborative
- Elements of Successful Collaboration
- Benefits of Collaboration
- Common Obstacles
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Collaboration is increasingly important as we become more connected around the globe. In this session, you will understand what collaboration means and the qualities collaborators possess.
Elements of Successful Collaboration
Collaboration is essential in any organization and almost every job requires it. Here you will learn what elements are involved in a successful collaboration and the six predictable stages to make collaboration work. In addition, you will distinguish between collaboration, teamwork and co-operation.
Benefits of Collaboration
There are several advantages and benefits when you collaborate with colleagues. You will learn how your workspace and organizational culture affects collaboration. In addition, you will learn there are several benefits of collaborating with colleagues and the two key factors that impact the collaborative workspace.
Collaboration is affected by obstacles. In this session, you will learn the common collaborative obstacles and tips to overcome them.
Technology and Collaboration
Collaboration is increasingly achieved in a digital workplace. There are technological strategies that fit every budget, specification and requirements. This session covers how the implementation of technology can facilitate collaboration.
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.